I calculate What’s Trending on my blog by which of my posts are popular a particular ninety-day period. Here’s this period’s run-down:
- 51 Great Similes to Spark Imagination
- 178 Ways to Describe Women’s Clothing
- 35 Weird Traits Your Characters May Have
- How to Describe a Landscap
- How to Describe Nature
- One-Word Characteristics to Spice Up Your Writing
- 100+ Traits Your Character May Posse
- Characteristics That Make Your Character Memorable
- How to Describe a Person’s Clothing
- Plotting a Story–with a Spreadsheet
- 17 Tips on How to Market Your Books Onlin
Interesting, isn’t it? 8 out of 10 were descriptions (some tangential). That tells me, writers visit my blog to hone their skills, not for my opinions (which is good because I’m not terribly opinionated, and those I have, I’m happy to keep between my husband and myself).
What do you think?
Jacqui Murray is the author of the popular Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. She is webmaster for six blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, a columnist for Examiner.com and TeachHUB, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco guest blog,Technology in Education featured blogger, IMS tech expert, and a bi-monthly contributor to Today’s Author. In her free time, she is the editor of a K-8 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum, and creator of technology training books for how to integrate technology in education. Currently, she’s editing a thriller that should be out to publishers next summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.