I calculate What’s Trending on my blog by which of my posts are popular a particular ninety-day period. Here’s this period’s run-down:
- How to Describe Dogs
- How to Describe a Person’s Clothing
- 178 Ways to Describe Women’s Clothing
- Characteristics That Make Your Character Memorable
- 103 Most Beautiful Words? You Decide
- How to Describe Nature
- Do You Have a Character Who’s a First Lady?
- 51 Great Similes to Spark Imagination
- How to Show (Not Tell) Emotion–E to O
- One-Word Characteristics to Spice Up Your Writing
Interesting, isn’t it? 9 out of 10 were descriptions (some tangential). That tells me, writers visit my blog to hone their skills, not for my opinions (which is good because I’m not terribly opinionated, and those I have, I’m happy to keep between me and my husband).
What do you think?
Jacqui Murray is the editor of a technology curriculum for K-fifth grade and creator of two technology training books for middle school. She is the author of Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy midshipman. She is webmaster for five blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, a columnist for Examiner.com, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, IMS tech expert, and a weekly contributor to Write Anything and Technology in Education. Currently, she’s editing a thriller for her agent that should be out to publishers this summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.