July 15, 2013
You Know You’re a Plebe if…
If you read my post on Plebe Parents, here’s one for your future or current Plebes. These are from the USNA parent networks. Good reading…
You Know You’re a PLEBE When…
- your favorite word is “YUT!”
- it is dark when you get up and it is dark when you go to sleep
- you wake up and discover your bed is on fire and go back to sleep because you just don’t care
- when sitting in your room you are used to any Plebe just coming in and waiting while a group of upperclassmen walk past
- you think about how relaxing it would be to be in jail
- you now can have REM sleep standing up
- the highlight of your night is getting new mail.
- you pass time by singing cadences to yourself.
- for excitement you dare each other to do stupid things at night in the halls.
- the library becomes a four star hotel.
- you thank God every night around 7:30 for being allowed to walk.
- your summer break sucked.
- whenever going from point A to point B you plan an emergency exit strategy.
- you find yourself screaming bloody murder at 6:50 in the morning.
- shining shoes and studying menus is a pastime.
- you’re afraid not to read the newspaper.
- going to class is a refuge.
- you have to be in bed by 11pm on Friday night.
- being allowed to watch TV is an honor.
- your quality of life rests on the outcome of a football game.
- you drink no beer.
- you meet your girlfriend at mandatory dance lessons.
- going to 7-Eleven to get a Slurpy involves covert operations.
- your life stops when your computer breaks down.
- your self-esteem suffers because you notice you’re getting less email.
- you pray nobody will talk to you.
- being allowed to call someone by their first name is a privilege.
- you find yourself hanging out in the midstore a lot.
- the only time a woman touches you is when Suzy Q cuts your hair in the barber shop.
- you made more money in high school than you make now.
- you build up your courage every time you want to leave your room.
- you’re afraid to go to the bathroom.
- you can count things you enjoy on one hand.
- you have more weekends than firsties have victories over Army.
Follow USNA or Bust on Twitter
Jacqui Murray wrote the popular Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. She is webmaster for six blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, CSG Master Teacher, a tech columnist for Examiner.com, Editorial Review Board member for ISTE’s Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco blogger, IMS tech expert, and a weekly contributor to Today’s Author. Currently, she’s editing a thriller for her agent that should be out to publishers this summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office, WordDreams, or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.