June 27, 2013
Are You Going to I-Day? Part II
Here’s Part I. When you’re done reading that, here’s more info from the USNA website on how to prepare:
Induction Day Information
USNA Gate access for Induction Day:
26 June and 27 June Gate Access (I-Day minus one and I-Day)
- Gate 8 Open 24 hours a day for both vehicles and pedestrians
- Gate 1 Vehicle Traffic: 5:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Gate 1 Pedestrian Traffic: 6:00 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Gate 3 Pedestrian Traffic: 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Gate 3 Vehicle Traffic:
6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: INBOUND traffic only
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: CLOSED
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: OUTBOUND traffic only
6:00 p.m to 6:00 a.m.: CLOSED
Additional Information and References
- Reporting for Induction Day Frequently Asked Questions
- Parents Information Booklet
- Oath of Office and Personal Swearing-in Frequently Asked Questions
- Required Rates for I-Day
- Exercise Routine
Here are some pictures from past I-Days, to give you an idea:
Follow USNA or Bust on Twitter
Jacqui Murray wrote the popular Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. She is webmaster for six blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, CSG Master Teacher, a tech columnist for Examiner.com, Editorial Review Board member for ISTE’s Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco blogger, IMS tech expert, and a weekly contributor to Today’s Author. Currently, she’s editing a thriller for her agent that should be out to publishers this summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office, WordDreams, or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.