May 2, 2013
Subscribers: Your Special is Available
Every month, subscribers to Ask a Tech Teacher get a free/discounted resource to help their tech teaching.
Summer Online Keyboarding Class
Regular price: $99
Early Bird Special: $59
(includes K-8 keyboarding curriculum ebook and keyboarding wiki membership)
There are two sessions:
- June 24th-July 12th (no class July 4th)
- July 15th-August 2nd
Class are self-paced, self-managed, the daily sixty minutes arranged whenever students can fit them into summer schedules. Required materials include:
- The Essential Guide to Teaching K-8 Keyboarding–digital or print, as a guide to weekly activities–ebook free with enrollment
- membership in the Keyboarding Wiki–also free with enrollment
- access to the internet and/or Skype
- a full-size keyboard (not an iPad)
The class is ungraded, but those who finish all required steps will get a certificate attesting to their completion in good standing of this course. The goal of our time together: Prepare students for the demands of Common Core standards.
The session includes:
- a benchmark speed quiz to see where students are at the beginning so we can assess how they finish up.
- online keyboarding–Typing Web or DanceMat Typing.
- finger exercise to remind students that they have more than just pointers and thumbs.
- blank keyboard quiz
- a variety of keyboarding games to test speed and accuracy of student typing
- Fridays, something fun that reinforces technology skills.
- a Certificate of Completion for those who finish.
Teachers: Whoever has the most students join this class (and mention teacher’s name)…
will get a free K-8 Technology Curriculum ebook!
What a great deal!
Here’s how to start: Tell your students who need summer work on keyboarding. Have them join either 3-week program (or both) by clicking here. Do it fast and they get the 40% discount!
Questions? Email [email protected]
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-8 technology for 15 years. She is the editor of a K-8 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum, and creator of technology training books for how to integrate technology in education. She is webmaster for six blogs, CSG Master Teacher, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco guest blogger, a columnist for Examiner.com, featured blogger for Technology in Education, IMS tech expert, and a monthly contributor to TeachHUB. Currently, she’s editing a techno-thriller that should be out to publishers next summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.