I calculate what’s trending on my blog by which of my posts are popular a particular thirty-day period. Here’s this period’s run-down:
- How to Describe Dogs
- How to Describe a Person’s Clothing
- 178 Ways to Describe Women’s Clothing
- 103 Most Beautiful Words? You Decide
- How to Show (Not Tell) Emotion–E to O
- How to Describe Nature
- One-Word Characteristics to Spice Up Your Writing
- Book Review: Killing Lincoln
- How To Describe Your Character’s Appearance
- How to Show (Not Tell) an Emotion–A to D
That’s interesting, isn’t it? 9 out of 10 were descriptions–words. One was a controversial book review (don’t believe a history book can be controversial? Check out the 2500+ Amazon comments). that tells me writers are hard at work wordsmithing their prose, getting ready for the new year.
It’ll be interesting to see how this compares with What’s Trending for the year, due in a few weeks.
Jacqui Murray is the editor of a technology curriculum for K-fifth grade and author of two technology training books for middle school. She wrote Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy midshipman. She is webmaster for five blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, a tech columnist for Examiner.com, Editorial Review Board member for ISTE’s Journal for Computing Teachers, IMS tech expert, and a weekly contributor to Write Anything. Currently, she’s seeking representation for a techno-thriller Any suggestions? Contact Jacqui at her writing office, WordDreams, or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.