I write techno-thrillers, so I’m always reading about computers, technology, the Latest Stuff. Here are some of my
favorite Geek Speak words (Computer nerds are so neologistic):
- alpha geek–the most technologically savvy dude in the company
- amazonned–amazonized, means you’ve lost a chunk of your business to a dot-com.
- back hack–when you get hacked, you return the favor
- beta baby–child born to a high-tech pro after 1995
- code 18–Used by tech support to disguise when they’re calling a technical issue user-caused. They’re so PC
- cyberterrorism–terror on a computer
- digital jewelry–any hi-tech stuff you wear around your neck–ipods, phones, etc.
- edress–an electronic address (IP, IM, email, etc.)
- idea hampster–Someone who always has his/her idea generator running
- inner geek–the techie deep within each of us
Want more? I’ll be posting Part II, or try NetLingo. You’ll find a clever term for everything techie, to satisfy your inner geek (see above).
- Beautiful Words
- Ten Favorite Words (Part I)
- Ten Favorite Words (Part II)
- Eight Favorite Words (Part III)
- Ten Favorite Geek Words (Part I)
- Ten Favorite Geek Words (Part II)
- Seven More Favorite Geek Words