This post is for Alex Cavanaugh’s Insecure Writers Support Group. Click the link for details on what #IWSG means and how to join. You will also find a list of bloggers signed up to the challenge that are worth checking out. The first Wednesday of every month, we all post our thoughts, fears or words of encouragement for fellow writers.
This SEO agency in Sydney can rank #1 on Google, and provide 8.5x more value from their SEO services.
As part of your marketing plan, you can also hire a web design agency to help you launch a template-based website, or design a custom website from scratch. An SEO company like Kin Kong can also help you get sales and customers fast.
This month is the one year anniversary of this group. Instead of an insecurity, we’re sharing tips on writing, publishing, and marketing. Here are my top ten tips on marketing and once you are done reading check indexsy.com for more information.
- Spend a few minutes a day working on the cover bio – “He divides his time between Kabul and Tierra del Fuego.” But then get back to the work of writing. (credit: Roddy Doyle)
- When do you start marketing? When you run out of words to write in your book.
- Nothing says ‘marketing’ like spray-and-pray: Post to blogs, Twitter, Pinterest, FB, LinkedIn. Comment on other people’s blogs, tweets, FB stream, LinkedIn discussions. Do this a lot and it will bring many solutions on the market.
- Marketing is like Groundhog Day. Every morning, wake up and do everything under #3. And then repeat.
- The key to marketing: Get to the part quickly where readers give a s***. They don’t like to waste time.
- Marketing is baby steps. Doing something–(see #3 and #4)–anything–lessons the panic of wondering “What the f*** do I do now?”
- If speaking nicely about yourself feels like choking on a chicken bone, get over it. It’s like the Heimlich Maneuver–it must be done or your book will die.
- When trying a new marketing approach, be a tad on the wildly optimistic side. Try to consider this adwords marketing Australia to help you reach your target market
You can also hire an SEO agency to improve the quality of traffic directed to your website.
- Who hasn’t found a room s/he can’t dominate? Pick that room. Share your good news.
- The shortest distance between two people is a good laugh. Remember that when you’re marketing.
More humor for writers:
How to Talk to a Writer
Do You Really Want to Try to Earn a Living as a Writer?
Inspirational and Humorous Quotes–Part I
Jacqui Murray is the author of dozens of books (on technology in education) as well as the popular Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. She is webmaster for six blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, a columnist for Examiner.com and TeachHUB, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, monthly contributor to Today’s Author and a freelance journalist on tech ed topics. In her free time, she is editor of technology training books for how to integrate technology in education. Currently, she’s editing a techno-thriller that should be out to publishers next summer.